EuropeNow is accepting submissions of translated poetry, fiction, and literary nonfiction, as well as English-language poetry, fiction, and nonfiction that pertains to Europe. We also welcome submissions of academic and literary book reviews, interviews, journalism, op-eds, and political essays. Please see our submission guidelines below.
We accept works of short fiction as well as excerpts of longer works from or relating to Europe, either in English or in English translation. We ask that you send no more than 7,000 words. If you are submitting a work in translation, please make sure EuropeNow has the rights to publish your piece.
We will accept up to 10 pages of poetry from or relating to Europe, either in English or in English translation. Each poem should begin on a new page. If you are submitting a work in translation, please make sure EuropeNow has the rights to publish your piece.
We accept essays as well as excerpts of longer works from or relating to Europe, either in English or in English translation. We ask that you send no more than 7,000 words. If you are submitting a work in translation, please make sure EuropeNow has the rights to publish your piece.
We welcome submissions of graphic art, photography, and videos from or relating to Europe.
Book Reviews (Academic & Literary)
We accept reviews of academic and literary books from or relating to Europe.
Interviews (Academic & Literary)
We welcome interviews and interview pitches that spotlight leading and emerging academics, authors, translators, artists, and publishers relating to Europe. Interviews must be in English.
We are looking for articles that strive to show “the other side of the story,” delving deeper than mainstream media when depicting stories from and about Europe, including journalism under difficult circumstances.
Op-eds and Political Essays
We welcome articles written by experts, journalists, or academics on pressing European topics.
We are accepting submissions for our weekly blog. Blog posts are typically op-eds and political essays on timely issues, but can also be interviews, Q&As, reviews, dispatches from events, translations, literary writing, and visual art.
General Submission Guidelines
- Please send your submissions as a Microsoft Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pitches should also be sent to email@example.com
- Please label documents in the following format: Last Name_Genre [e.g., Smith_Fiction.doc]
- Please write your email subject in the following format: SUBMISSION (Genre)-Submitter Name [e.g., SUBMISSION (Fiction)-John Smith]
- Your submission should include a short biography (1-3 sentences) written in third person for all contributors of the piece (authors, translators, reviewers, interviewers, and interviewees).
- Previously published work will not be considered for publication.
- We accept simultaneous submissions. Please notify us if your piece is accepted elsewhere.
- Rights to the work revert to the author and the translator after publication.
- After submitting, allow at least eight weeks for a response. At this time, you may inquire about the status of your submission.
- We are unable to pay contributors at this time. However, we are committed to looking for funding opportunities that will allow us to pay future contributors.