EuropeNow is accepting submissions of translated poetry, fiction, and literary nonfiction, as well as English-language poetry, fiction, and nonfiction that pertains to Europe. We also welcome submissions of academic and literary book reviews, interviews, journalism, op-eds, and political essays. Please see our submission guidelines below.
We accept works of short fiction as well as excerpts of longer works from or relating to Europe, either in English or in English translation. We ask that you send no more than 7,000 words. If you are submitting a work in translation, please make sure EuropeNow has the rights to publish your piece.
We will accept up to 10 pages of poetry from or relating to Europe, either in English or in English translation. Each poem should begin on a new page. If you are submitting a work in translation, please make sure EuropeNow has the rights to publish your piece.
We accept essays as well as excerpts of longer works from or relating to Europe, either in English or in English translation. We ask that you send no more than 7,000 words. If you are submitting a work in translation, please make sure EuropeNow has the rights to publish your piece.
We welcome submissions of graphic art, photography, and videos from or relating to Europe.
Book Reviews (Academic & Literary)
We accept reviews of academic and literary books from or relating to Europe. Your submission should not exceed 1,500 words.
Interviews (Academic & Literary)
A spotlight on leading and emerging academics, authors, translators, artists, and publishers relating to Europe. Interviews of educators, teachers, professors, etc. can also be featured as part of the Campus section, depending on the topic. You can choose to be the interviewer or choose a third party to interview the scholar of your choice. Interviews are typically 3,500 words and should not exceed 5,000 words.
Research article: Academic report on recent research. Should be written for a general educated and interdisciplinary audience. Your submission should not exceed 3,000 words.
Commentary (Op-eds and Political Essays)
We welcome articles written by experts, journalists, or academics on pressing European topics. Your submission should not exceed 2,500 words.
Roundtables: An academic “discussion” in essay form on a topic or a book about or concerning Europe. A single roundtable should consist of 3-4 authors, each writing their own essay on the subject.
Blog Posts (The Daily)
We are accepting submissions for our blog, EuropeNow Daily. Blog posts are typically op-eds and political essays on timely issues, but can also be interviews, Q&As, reviews, dispatches from events, translations, literary writing, and visual art. Your submission should not exceed 2,500 words.
General Submission Guidelines
- Please send your submissions as a Microsoft Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pitches should also be sent to email@example.com
- Please label documents in the following format: Last Name_Genre [e.g., Smith_Fiction.doc]
- Please write your email subject in the following format: SUBMISSION (Genre)-Submitter Name [e.g., SUBMISSION (Fiction)-John Smith]
- Your submission should include a short biography (1-3 sentences) written in third person for all contributors of the piece (authors, translators, reviewers, interviewers, and interviewees).
- Previously published work will not be considered for publication.
- We accept simultaneous submissions. Please notify us if your piece is accepted elsewhere.
- Rights to the work revert to the author and the translator after publication.
- After submitting, allow at least eight weeks for a response. At this time, you may inquire about the status of your submission.
- We are unable to pay contributors at this time. However, we are committed to looking for funding opportunities that will allow us to pay future contributors.